Dryer for sealing profiles
Almeco has designed a series of Ronair dryers for Sealynx, a major player in sealing for the automotive industry. After the extruded sealing profiles went through the cooling bath and just before they are rolled up, drying of the profiles is necessary. A lot of manufacturers therefore make use of compressed air.
But there are alternatives: an optimized system guarantees a comparable, if not better blowing capacity at a minimal cost and with minimal impact on the environment.
The Ronair machine that Almeco designed for this application consists of 6 air knives which are fed by a side channel blower.
Furthermore, the machine is provided with a guidance system at the entrance and exit, and a pressure meter to be able to consult the level of pollution of the external filter.
The unit was finally equipped with an electric control unit and can easily be adjusted in height.
The Ronair dryer has more than one advantage:
- Avoids the use of compressed air, thus reducing noise considerably
- Complete system that captures the escaping water properly, so it does not re-enter the production process
- An economical solution: expensive compressed air is replaced
- Only limited maintenance of the installation is necessary
- Guaranteed return on investment in only a few months