Cooling tower for waste water application
We have supplied a cooling tower for a chemicals company site in Westerlo-Oevel. The company manufactures products including polymers, with divisions across the whole world.
This cooling tower was to replace an old BAC cooling tower. The customer asked for a low-maintenance and quiet cooling tower suitable for cooling waste water from their water purification installation.
- Because of the composition of the water to be cooled, all parts of the cooling tower had to be made of rustproof materials.
- A number of work openings were provided to give easy access to all components in the cooling tower to be able to carry out inspection and cleaning work quickly and safely.
- Water distribution takes place with special sprayers to avoid blockages.
- The cooling packing is the ABN type which continues to guarantee the required cooling, even with dirty leaves.
- The cooling tower has an extremely quiet fan.
- The cage ladder with platform was manufactured to size on-site to fit the existing platforms.
|Water flow rate
|Incoming water temperature
|Outgoing water temperature
|Wet bulb temperature of the inlet air
Description of the cooling tower
|Walls and roof
|GFRP (Glass-fibre reinforced polyester)
|Stainless steel AISI 316 en GFRP sections
|Motor bracket (load-bearing construction)
|RVS AISI 316
RVS AISI 316
|Water distribution system
|Inlet flange type / number per cell
|DN200 PN10 - PVC / qty. 1
|Outlet flange type / number per cell
|DN250 PN10 - PVC / qty. 1
|Inspection manhole / number per cell
|GFRP / qty. 1 W x H = 415 x 510mm
|Manhole for maintenance / number per cell
|GFRP / qty. 2 W x H = 800 x 1200mm
|Cooling tower packing
|ABN AF 100 - PP
|Air intake louvers
|Volume max. 6,5m³ - GFRP
|1 x 15kW
|3f / 400V / 50Hz
|Number of speeds
|IM V1 / IP 56 insulation class F
|Provided for operation with frequency control
|Number of fans
|Type of fan
|Diameter of fan
|Protective grille above the fan
|According to legal regulations
Dimensions with water reservoir