Cooling tower for waste water application
We have supplied a cooling tower for a chemicals company site in Westerlo-Oevel. The company manufactures products including polymers, with divisions across the whole world.
This cooling tower was to replace an old BAC cooling tower. The customer asked for a low-maintenance and quiet cooling tower suitable for cooling waste water from their water purification installation.
- Because of the composition of the water to be cooled, all parts of the cooling tower had to be made of rustproof materials.
- A number of work openings were provided to give easy access to all components in the cooling tower to be able to carry out inspection and cleaning work quickly and safely.
- Water distribution takes place with special sprayers to avoid blockages.
- The cooling packing is the ABN type which continues to guarantee the required cooling, even with dirty leaves.
- The cooling tower has an extremely quiet fan.
- The cage ladder with platform was manufactured to size on-site to fit the existing platforms.
|Water flow rate||85m³/h|
|Incoming water temperature||65°C|
|Outgoing water temperature||30°C|
|Wet bulb temperature of the inlet air||21°C|
Description of the cooling tower
|Walls and roof||GFRP (Glass-fibre reinforced polyester)|
|Supporting construction||Stainless steel AISI 316 en GFRP sections|
|Motor bracket (load-bearing construction)||RVS AISI 316|
RVS AISI 316
|Water distribution system||PVC|
|Inlet flange type / number per cell||DN200 PN10 - PVC / qty. 1|
|Outlet flange type / number per cell||DN250 PN10 - PVC / qty. 1|
|Inspection manhole / number per cell||GFRP / qty. 1 W x H = 415 x 510mm|
|Manhole for maintenance / number per cell||GFRP / qty. 2 W x H = 800 x 1200mm|
|Cooling tower packing||ABN AF 100 - PP|
|Air intake louvers||PP|
|Water reservoir||Volume max. 6,5m³ - GFRP|
|Installed power||1 x 15kW|
|Electrical connection||3f / 400V / 50Hz|
|Number of speeds||1|
|Construction type||IM V1 / IP 56 insulation class F|
|Provided for operation with frequency control||Yes|
|Number of fans||1|
|Type of fan||Axial|
|Diameter of fan||1980m|
|Protective grille above the fan||According to legal regulations|
Dimensions with water reservoir