Safety, health and environment checklist for contractors
Almeco was awarded the VCA**-certificate in 2004. This certificate is granted by an independent body after an extensive audit. It guarantees that Almeco complies with safety, health and environmental regulations. Almeco is audited every year to ensure it still complies with these regulations.
The VCA**-certificate helps us avoid accidents, personal injuries, disease and material and environmental damage. This certificate guarantees you that during each project we watch over the safety of our and your employees, the work space and the environment.
Our safety policy is reflected in:
- Monthly toolbox meetings
- Workplace inspections
- Kick-off meetings with risk inventory and evaluation at the start of each on-site project
- A welcoming brochure with information about VCA** for each new employee
- Personal protection equipment for our employees
- Regular check-ups of the machines
The environment is given attention:
- Under supervision of our environmental officer
- By selective waste collection
- By compiling a risk inventory and evaluation